ASITE PLATFORM PRODUCT NOTIFICATION
Asite Platform – End of Support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11)
From January 1, 2021, Asite platform support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is discontinued.
Users will still be able to access the Asite platform using IE11, however, Asite will not provide support for any issues or errors you may encounter using this browser. We recommend users move to a supported browser such as new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Why is Asite making this change?
Asite is committed to supporting all new browsers and providing users with the best possible experience.
Lack of support:
- IE11 support is very minimal with only security and bug fixes available.
- Microsoft has announced that support for Windows 10, and effectively IE11, will be stopped in August 2025.
Slower than other modern browsers:
- IE11 is slower than other modern browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox, and the updated version of Microsoft Edge.
- IE is prone to errors and security risks.
John Page, a security researcher, unearthed an issue in the way IE handles MHT files which allows hackers to steal Windows users' local data. As MHT files are opened in IE by default on Windows machines, simply clicking on an email attachment creates a security issue. When Microsoft was informed of the vulnerability, they "declined to consider the bug for an urgent security fix."
According to a Microsoft Executive, Internet Explorer is a 'compatibility solution' and should only be used selectively and not a default browser.
For more information on why users should stop using IE11, please refer to the links below:
What action do you need to take?
- To avoid bugs and errors caused by older browser’s proprietary rendering engine, we encourage all users to move to a supported browser such as the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
For more information on the Microsoft recommended Microsoft Edge, please click here.
If you have further questions, please email CustomerSuccess@asite.com.