“Sustained leadership from central Government is crucial to maintain industry commitment to invest in BIM capability.” – Government Construction Strategy 2016-20
The use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) on UK Government funded projects has already resulted in £3 billion in cost savings. According to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, while the construction industry is often criticised for delivering projects “late and over budget”, BIM offers “predictability”, “effectiveness” and “efficiency”. The Government has been quick to acknowledge the environmental and economic benefits of BIM. Since 2016, all construction firms bidding for central Government contracts have been required to have Level 2 BIM status. With focus now shifting to Level 3 BIM, there has never been a more exciting time for the digital construction sector.
Join us for the BIM Conference 2017 where leading experts will discuss recent developments and provide valuable insights into the future of BIM. Understand the benefits of widespread use of BIM in the construction industry, assess the impact of Level 2 BIM, learn how future Government initiatives will promote further BIM uptake, explore the very latest BIM technology and analyse examples of best practice.
Topics covered on the day will include:
- How can organisations positively implement BIM? What are the examples to follow and pitfalls to avoid?
- How does the construction industry share information and what needs to change to enable closer collaboration?
- How is BIM changing the way the sector works?
- What are the main concerns and barriers to Level 3 BIM?
- How can BIM be used to improve project and cost management?
- What role does GIS play in the BIM lifecycle?
- How can the construction industry ensure that clients receive the full benefits of BIM?
- What risk does cybercrime pose to BIM projects and how can sensitive data be protected?
- Is the UK still a world leader in BIM and what areas need improvement?
- Hear from some of the biggest names in data and digital construction as they explain how the latest developments will shape the future of BIM.
- Have your questions answered by some of the leading experts in the field of BIM.
- Learn from successful case studies and see how BIM can be used to its full potential. Network with delegates from across the construction sector.
- Discover the technology and software which is revolutionising the use of BIM.