"At Asite, we are excited to announce the introduction of Clash Detection within our Adoddle...
Stoke-on-Trent use Adoddle cloud to achieve true enterprise collaboration across their projects
Stoke-on-Trent City Council (SOT) was awarded funds by the UK Government for the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme to improve infrastructure, technology and schools across the city. Eighteen school buildings are being rebuilt or refurbished in a series of five phases between 2011 and 2014. To deliver the BSF programme, SOT required a project management solution that also supported collaborative working across multiple teams within and outside the local authority.
At the time, SOT's project management process was under-developed and its workflow and document management processes were manually managed. Data was input to a local network share, only accessible from locations within the SOT's organisation, further authentication was also required via VPN from remote locations outside of the network. As a result, SOT required a better solution that:
- Delivered collaborative working across multiple teams
- Provided users with access to key information in real-time
- Provided an audit trail and progress reporting across projects
- Automated any manual processes where possible
- Was accessible, fast and easy-to-use
- Offered support for implementation and day-to-day utilisation
- Created cost saving opportunities with measurable outcomes
- Opened CAD and Microsoft Office files natively within the web browser
To achieve SOT's objectives, Asite recommended Adoddle, its cloud platform to deliver greater accountability and efficiency. Adoddle would be used to connect and organise multiple teams, delivering users secure instant access to information from any location. What's more, it was cost effective and scalable.
SOT's design and construction teams could use Adoddle for version control and view an overview of progress throughout the entire project. Adoddle could also run custom reports, including detailed supplier execution across the enterprise, from the time taken for suppliers to complete actions around workflows, approvals, drawings, documents, risks and any other intelligence that the teams need at any time.
By storing their information in the Adoddle cloud, SOT’s team were able to manage, share and access the programme and individual projects within it when and where they needed. Teams could collaboratively coordinate, review and edit information to continuously develop their projects in the knowledge that they were always working from the latest revisions and meet deadlines.
Teams were also able to identify solutions early on in the project and focus on creating better results and greater cost savings. Greater transparency also delivered business efficiencies, time and cost savings and provided a longer term view over the project. Following the success of using Adoddle for the BSF programme, the Council has also implemented Adoddle to streamline the tendering process for its Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Extracare programme.
- Real-time collaboration from any place
- Time and cost savings
- Achieving sustainability initiatives - using less paper
- Greater communication – frequent exchange of knowledge and feedback
- Greater control & transparency
- Robust audit trail
- Data security
- Great customer service
- Reduction in errors and more time to focus on best practice
- Tasks and deadlines completed on time
- Achieving BREEAM initiatives
2 minute read
Asite Insights in your inbox.
Sign up for product news and our latest insights published monthly. It's a newsletter so hot, even global warming can't keep up.